It’s not currently possible to send a new email using the Apple Watch Mail app.
I’ve tried several methods for creating a new email using the native Mail app. Opening it and using a long tap or a force touch presented no new options. Accessing a contact via Friends presents options for calling, using digital touch and texting; however, it’s not possible to send a new email via your Friends list either.
Finally, I’ve searched through the app store looking for a third party product that adds watch functionality to send a new email. The Geronimo app was promising, but it’s no longer in the app store.
Apple Watch Email
So what can you do with email via your Apple Watch?
- Read emails – tap the Mail icon to open it. Give the watch a moment or two for the new emails to load. Tap on the one you’d like to read.
- Reply to emails on your watch – To reply to emails on your watch, scroll down in the message to the Reply button at the bottom. You can dictate a message using the microphone icon, you can send an emoji or you can use a default reply.
- Flag emails – To flag emails on your watch, open the Mail app. While viewing the list of emails (don’t tap an indivudal email to open it), swipe from the right side of the Apple Watch to the left on the message you’d like to flag. Tap the blue “More” button with 3 horizontal dots and then select “Flag.” You can repeat this process to unflag.
- Mark emails as unread – To mark emails as unread, follow the steps above for flagging emails. After tapping the More button, select “Mark as Unread.” You can repeat this process to mark as read.
- Delete emails – To delete an email, open the Mail app. While viewing the list of emails (don’t tap an indivudal email to open it), swipe from the right side of the Apple Watch to the left on the message you’d like to delete. Tap the red trash can icon to delete.
So, while you can’t yet send a new email using your Apple Watch, stay tuned. I suspect the feature will be available before very long.