To reply to a text message using the Apple Watch, simply hit the Reply button from any opened text message.
Need help opening a message? You can open a message by opening the Messages app and tapping directing on the message or viewing the text message notification.
Reply to a Text Message Using the Apple Watch: How to Input Text
Next, you have three options to input text:
- Tap a Default Reply message to send it immediately. Some of built in default replies are:
- What’s up?
- On mu way.
- Talk later?
- Sorry, no.
- Tap the microphone button to speak your reply and have it converted to text. The voice to text conversion works surprisingly well. However, you can always press cancel if the wording is incorrect and you’d like to start over. Press send if you are happy with the text.
- (You can also use your iPhone to configure your watch to send audio messages rather than voice converted to text.)
- Tap the smiley face to send an emoji. You can select an animated emoji or a standard still emoji.
The following related Apple Watch tutorials might be helpful for you:
- Send a new text message using your Apple Watch
- Write a text by typing letters and words
- Delete a text message
- Apple Watch Contacts: Top 10 Tips